Solution Dynamics Limited
Any changes to this privacy statement will be reflected here. This privacy statement applies from December 2020 and was last updated on 30 November 2020.
This privacy statement provides information on the processing of personal information by Solution Dynamics Limited (referred to as ‘SDL’, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’).
‘Personal information’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
At SDL we take your privacy seriously. When you use our services or interact with us, you may share some personal information with us. The purpose of this privacy statement is to be up front about how we comply with the Privacy Act 2020 when dealing with the information we collect, how we use it, who we share it with and how you can exercise your privacy rights and all other privacy-related information that may be relevant to you.
Please read this privacy statement carefully in conjunction with our website terms and conditions so that you have a full picture of how we treat your personal information when you choose to share it with us, when we create it about you, or when we receive it from a third party using our services.
What types of information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of information:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
- information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used
- your company’s name, your position in the company; the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number
- information collected through using our websites, for example by cookies or other similar technologies
- details of any enquiry or complaint
- information about communications sent to you by a 3rd party via one of our services
How we collect information
We collect personal information in the following ways:
- directly from you if you sign up to use our services, use the Contact Us function or register on one of our websites
- from third parties who use our services e.g. information given to us to use in a communication sent to you
If you submit any personal information relating to other people to us, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this privacy statement.
Collection of IP addresses
It is necessary for us to collect your IP address for your interaction with various parts of our website. Your IP address is the identifier for your computer when you are using the internet.
For instance, we collect and store a client’s IP address when they log into the client portal. As part of our security systems we use this information when we attempt to detect and prevent fraudulent transactions. We store your IP address for security and audit purposes. Your IP address will not be used by us or released to any third party except in the case of security, inappropriate behaviour or fraud issues, such as unauthorised access to your or our computer systems or fraudulent transactions.
How we use your personal information
We will process your personal information based on:
- The performance of a contract you have with us, or to enter into a contract and to act on your requests.
- Our legitimate business interests, for example, fraud prevention, maintaining the security of our data and systems, marketing, and the improvement of our services. Whenever we rely on this lawful basis to process your data, we assess our business interests to make sure they do not override your rights. Additionally, in some cases you have the right to object to this processing. For more information, visit the ‘How can you exercise your privacy rights?’ section of this policy.
- Compliance with mandatory legal obligations, including for example accounting and tax requirements
Sharing your personal information
Customers’ information is shared with selected third parties for the following reasons:
- where services are provided together with a business partner and it is necessary to disclose the information to them in order to provide the services
- for the prevention of fraud against us, third parties and customers
- for the purposes of identity verification
- for the purposes of recovering debt
- to prevent money laundering
- where products and services are provided to third parties by us (e.g. for the purposes of identity verification and fraud prevention, and it is necessary to
- disclose information to them in order to provide the service)
- Other third parties (including the police, law enforcement agencies, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and other bodies) to protect our or another person’s rights, property, or safety e.g. to exchange information to protect against fraud and to reduce payment risks; or in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
How can you exercise your privacy rights?
You have certain rights with respect to the personal information we hold about you, which subject to laws, include the following:
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- Inform us of a correction to your personal information
- Exercise your right to restrict our use of your personal information
- Exercise your right to erase your personal information
- Object to particular ways in which we are using your personal information
- You can exercise your rights to any of the above by contacting us directly in writing. See ‘How can you contact us’ below.
Acceptance and changes to security and privacy statement
You acknowledge and accept that your use of our website indicates your acceptance of our website terms and conditions and this privacy statement.
This is the current privacy statement. It replaces any other privacy statement for the SDL website published on our website to date. We may at any time vary this privacy statement by publishing the varied privacy statement on our website. You accept that by doing this, SDL has provided you with sufficient notice of the variation.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions about the way we process your personal information, or want to request access to, deletion of, or correction of your personal information held by us, please contact our Privacy Team.
Solution Dynamics Ltd
PO Box 301248